Friday 4 April 2008

Teaching practice evaluation (25.3.- 4.4.2008)

When I signed for my very first teaching practice, I was really scared. As I had never taught before, I was afraid of everything – of students, their questions, of the lessons, of the atmosphere and first of all, I was afraid of myself. Will I know all the answers to all possible questions, will I know how to deal with possible problems? However, as my time at the elementary school „Pod Marjankou“ went by, Ms Prokopova and the pupils managed to show me, with no special effort, that teaching isn´t that horrible as I had thought before, and that it can be actually fun. Of course, no one dares to doubt that it is a hard and time-demanding job. On the other hand, it is one of the few jobs which results are so obvious. To see „my“ students actually using new grammar structures made me forget the anxiety in which I was imprisoned in the beginning. And that is a reward I did not even expect.

Hana Schwambergerová
Pedag. Faculty student

No comments: